Passport services

Currently, all U.S. citizens must show proof of identity and proof of U.S. citizenship when entering the United States from Canada , Mexico , the countries of the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea.

On June 1, 2009 , the U.S. government implemented the full requirements of the land and sea phase of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI).  The proposed rules require U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have a passport book, passport card, or other travel document approved by the Department of Homeland Security.  U.S. citizen children under the age of 16 will be able to present the original or copy of their birth certificate, or other proof of U.S. citizenship such as a naturalization certificate or citizenship card.  Groups of U.S. citizen children ages 16 through 18, when traveling with a school or religious group, social organization, or sports team, will be able to enter under adult supervision with originals or copies of their birth certificates or other proof of citizenship.  The goal of WHTI is to strengthen U.S. border security while facilitating entry for U.S. citizens and legitimate foreign visitors by providing standardized documentation that enables the Department of Homeland Security to quickly and reliably identify a traveler.  Before you travel, make sure you know the entry requirement of the county you plan to visit.

Passport books are always required for international air travel, regardless of age.


245 E Main St. Suite 106 Ottawa, OH 45875


P. 419.523.8729 F. 419.523.5284


Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm

Helpful information