Passport Service

245 E. Main St., Suite 106
Ottawa, OH 45875

Phone:  419-523-8729
Fax:  419-523-5284


Currently, all U.S. citizens must show proof of identity and proof of U.S. citizenship when entering the United States from Canada , Mexico , the countries of the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea.

On June 1, 2009 , the U.S. government implemented the full requirements of the land and sea phase of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI).  The proposed rules require U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have a passport book, passport card, or other travel document approved by the Department of Homeland Security.  U.S. citizen children under the age of 16 will be able to present the original or copy of their birth certificate, or other proof of U.S. citizenship such as a naturalization certificate or citizenship card.  Groups of U.S. citizen children ages 16 through 18, when traveling with a school or religious group, social organization, or sports team, will be able to enter under adult supervision with originals or copies of their birth certificates or other proof of citizenship.  The goal of WHTI is to strengthen U.S. border security while facilitating entry for U.S. citizens and legitimate foreign visitors by providing standardized documentation that enables the Department of Homeland Security to quickly and reliably identify a traveler.  Before you travel, make sure you know the entry requirement of the county you plan to visit.

Passport books are always required for international air travel, regardless of age.



  1. US citizens may apply for a U. S. Passport book in our Title Department located on the first floor of the Courthouse between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday.   Please bring the following items with you:
  2. A completed passport application, sections 1 through 22 only (form DS-11).  Application forms may be picked up in the title office or you can download and print an application at
  4. One 2” x 2” Passport photos.  (School pictures, computer images are not acceptable).
  5. A certified copy of your birth certificate or your most recent passport.
  6. Your drivers license or another photo ID.  If Drivers license is not available, Military ID or State ID accepted.
  7. A $110.00 check or money order made payable to US DEPARTMENT OF STATE for anyone age 16 years or over.  For anyone age 15 and under the amount is $80.00.
  8. Cash or a check made payable to CLERK OF COURTS for $25.00.



The passport card is only valid for re-entry into the United States at land border crossings and sea ports-of-entry from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean region, and Bermuda.  The Department of State is issuing this passport card in response to the needs of border resident communities for a less expensive and more portable alternative to the traditional passport book.  The card will have the same validity period as a passport book: 10 years for an adult, 5 for children 15 and younger.

A previous passport book holder, eligible to use form DS-82, may apply for a passport card as a Renewal.  First time applicants for a US Passport, and those not eligible to use the DS-82, should apply for a passport card using form DS-11.  The same documents are required when applying for a passport card as when applying for a passport book.  For adults who already have a passport book, they may apply for the card as a passport renewal and pay only $30.  First-time applicants will pay $55 for adult cards and $40 for children.



These can be mailed directly by customer to Passport Agency if:

  1. passport book/card can be submitted
  2. passport book/card was issued less than 15 years prior
  3. applicant was at least 16 years of age when passport book/card was issued
  4. applicant’s name is the same as on the passport book/card or applicant can submit proper documentation to reflect why name has changed (marriage or court order).

The renewal form (DS-82) can be obtained in the Title Office or downloaded and printed from

The following items must be submitted with the application:

  1. most recent us passport book and/or passport card
  2. a marriage certificate or court order if your name has changed
  3. One 2” x 2” Passport photos.  (School pictures, computer images are not acceptable)
  4. a $110 check or money order made payable to US DEPARTMENT OF STATE (for book renewal) or a $30 check or money order made payable to US DEPARTMENT OF STATE (for card renewal)



An additional fee of $60 plus $12.85 for return postage is required for an expedited passport application.   This is necessary if a customer needs a passport within 2-3 weeks.  Express mail to the passport agency is also required and can be obtained at the customer’s local post office.



Individuals, ages 16 and 17, should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who can present proof of identification.  Children under 16 years of age will require both parents’ signatures or written proof explaining why both parents cannot sign.  The consent form (DS-3053) can be obtained in the Title Office or downloaded and printed from